This is a three years program, leading to practice as a Registered Nurse. The goal is to prepare the students to deliver safe and competent nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
Learning And Teaching Strategies
Various learning and teaching strategies are used at College of Nursing which includes: interactive lectures, small group discussion, review of articles, presentation (individual/ pair), role-play, field visit, problem solving exercises, self study, brain storming ,problem based tutorials ,computer based language learning and clinical integration
Ziauddin University College of Nursing conducts an Admission Test through University Examination Department for all eligible applicants. The test consists of Multiple Choice Questions and short question of various types. The following subjects are assessed in the admission test: Diploma Program:
The test comprises of four sections designed to assess each applicant’s performance in the areas of:
- General Knowledge
Applicant will be interviewed to assess their suitability to complete concern course and pursue a career in nursing services. Interview will be held at the Ziauddin College of Nursing.
Applicant selection in Ziauddin College of Nursing is strictly based on merit and applicants are considered on the basis of admission test and interview results.
Duration: 1 Year
Gender: Both (Male & Female)
- Matric Science ( Biology Subject) with minimum 45% marks from any Educational Board of Sindh.
- Domicile only Sindh province, concerned district candidates will be given priority.
- Age limit of candidates between 15 to 30 years.
- For the admission of ICU candidates must have one year anesthesia course certificate.
- NICU ( Neonatal intensive care unit )
- ICU ( Intensive Care Unit)
- T ( Operation Theater )
Required Documents for Admission Form of Technician Course:
- One photocopy of Matriculation certificate/ Provisional Certificate (Sindh Board)
- One photocopy of Mark sheet (Sindh Board)
- One photocopy of Domicile (Sindh), Applicant CNIC (above 18) / B. Form (under 18), Parents/Guardian CNIC
- Original copy of Medical Fitness Certificate from a Qualified Medical Practitioner
- One photocopy of Character Certificate from Principal / Head Master
- One photocopy of Anesthesia Course Certificate for I.C.U Technician course (If applicable)
- The selection of candidates will be on merit basis.
- The application of candidates not fulfilling the above mentioned criteria will not be considered.
- Incomplete application will not be considered.
|Admission Fee*||Rs. 33,000/-|
|Security Deposit*||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Student Fund*||Rs. 4,000/-|
|Laboratory Fee*||Rs. 2,000/-|
|Academic Transport*||Rs. 4,000/-|
|Tuition Fee Year 1||Rs.71,500/-|
|Examination Fee Year 1||Rs.3,400/-|
*One time payment
(Each Year consist of 2 semesters)
Note: Any additional taxes imposed by the government will be the liability of the students/parents/guardian.
The University reserves the right to increase the fees if required according to the recommendation of the Governing Body.
Advance fees to be paid semester-wise. All dues need to be cleared within two weeks of commencement of the academic year. 2% surcharge per month will be levied on outstanding fees after the due date.
The following documents will be required to be presented at the time of interview.
- Copy of matric certificate/marks sheet (Biology Science Group)/copy of intermediate certificate/marks sheet (Pre-medical group) and verified by concerned board
- Copy of Domicile
- Copy of candidate and parent/guardian CNIC